Today, life expectancy for American’s has reached almost 80 years. That’s nearly double what it was one hundred years ago. Clearly, people are living longer, happier lives, and enjoying family and friends more than ever before. Want to know what advice seniors have on life in general? Read on:
- Being a senior is much better than what younger people think. You’ve adapted to life in a way that you can handle ups and downs more readily than when you were younger. You are content and at peace with yourself.
- When choosing a partner or spouse, do so wisely. One of the biggest regrets for seniors is that they rushed into a marriage with the wrong person. The decision to spend years with someone should be made with a clear heart, mind, and soul. And it should never be done in haste.
- Parents need to spend more time with their children. The number one thing that will drive children to success? Time spent with parents. Being neglectful will cause them to wander haplessly on their own – with no guidance. So be there for them.
- Own your own happiness. External situations should not have the ability to increase or take away your happiness. Create your own happiness within yourself and it will be more real and more long lasting.
- Instead of being obsessed with dying – be worried about developing a chronic disease. Act like you will need your body for a century by eating right, sleeping right, exercising, laughing often and loving hard. Keep yourself in good shape for old age and it will serve you well.
Always Best Care, an in-home senior care giving company with locations all over the United States and Canada, has been providing quality, compassionate care to seniors since 1996. They employ the finest, most dedicated caregivers who are always employees, never contractors. Their caregivers are licensed, bonded, highly-skilled, and well-trained. They undergo thorough background checks so that their senior clients can enjoy peace of mind. If you live in the Raleigh area and are interested in learning about Raleigh assisted living or other options for senior living in Raleigh, you can contact the Always Best Care Raleigh location at (919) 724-4297 or email email@example.com to set up a free care consultation. They look forward to helping you shape an even brighter future!